Matrix Dragon
Doriti să reactionati la acest mesaj? Creati un cont în câteva clickuri sau conectati-vă pentru a continua.

Matrix Dragon

ORDINUL DRAGONULUI

AcasaUltimele imaginiCăutareÎnregistrareConectare

HOLY DAYS

In jos 
AutorMesaj
Raven
Admin
Admin
Raven

Numarul mesajelor : 128
Data de inscriere : 21/03/2008

HOLY DAYS Empty
MesajSubiect: HOLY DAYS   HOLY DAYS Icon_minitimeDum Mar 30, 2008 3:49 pm

Groundation Day (21st April)

Marks the date Haile Selassie I visited Jamaica in 1966. The visit was the only time the Emperor visited Jamaica.
A Nyabingi session, inclusive of music, chanting and prayer is held to mark the occasion.

Ethiopian New Year's Day (11th September)

The start of the New Year in Ethiopia is recognised because Rastafarians believe Ethiopia to be their spiritual homeland, and a place to which they want to return.
The history of Ethiopia is remembered, and its importance acknowledged through Biblical passages and prayer. A Nyabingi session is also held to mark the occasion.

Crowning of Emperor Haile Selassie I (2nd November)

Commemorates the Coronation of Ras Tafari, as Emperor Haile Selassie I, King of Ethiopia in 1930.
The high priest reads Biblical passages and initiates the singing of songs to re-emphasise the importance of Haile Selassie as Messiah. A Nyabingi meeting also takes place to remember Haile Selassie.

Ethiopian Christmas (7th January)

Christianity has existed in Ethiopia since 330 AD, and Rastafarians regard blacks as the Jews of the Bible.
This event is marked by a large feast. The food eaten is vegetarian or vegan in keeping with Rastafari food laws. During the feast prophecy and readings take place, and a Nyabingi meeting will often follow.

Ethiopian Constitution Day (16th July)

Commemorates the implementation of Ethiopia's first constitution by Haile Selassie in 1931. The constitution instigated a Parliament and resulted in the appointment of a number of deputies, although Emperor Haile Selassie I retained supreme power and authority.
Rastafarians remember the history of Ethiopia and the events that led up to the birth of the Rastafari religion.
A Nyabingi session also occurs to honour the importance of Ethiopia.

Birthday of Emperor Haile Selassie (23rd July)

Observes the day on which Emperor Haile Selassie I was born in 1892.
Nyabingi sessions are held to honour the date.

Marcus Garvey's Birthday (17th August)

Commemorates the Birthday of Marcus Garvey, the Jamaican politician born in 1887 who predicted the crowning of a King in Africa, and instigated the 'Back to Africa' movement.
On this date Rastafarians remember the important role played by Marcus Garvey in the development of Black rights. The occasion reflects on Marcus Garvey's influential prophecy. Poetry is recited recalling the historical importance of Marcus Garvey. African dance is also encouraged.
Sus In jos
http://matrixdragon.heavenforum.com

HOLY DAYS
Sus 
Pagina 1 din 1

Permisiunile acestui forum:Nu puteti raspunde la subiectele acestui forum
Matrix Dragon :: ISTORIA RELIGIILOR :: RASTAFARI-
Mergi direct la: